Have atrial fibrillation. Taking nadolol, monopril, aspirin and zocor. Safe to go for angiogram test?

I am 63 old female and have had atrial fibrillation for last 2o years. I am on 160 mg Nadolol, 20 mg Monopril, 325 Aspirin. 10 mg Zocor
I would like to know if there is any risk involved to have an angiogram test done. My concern is if angiogram test could be XXXXXXX if I have arrhythmia.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Compsared to rest of the population, there is no additional risk from angiogram – when your Blood pressure and the rate are controlled and there is no thrombus...
     The only risk is embolism from a thrombus – and this can be evaluated / excluded by an ECHOcardiogram, ideally by Trans Esophageal Echocardiogram (TEE).
     Catheterisation – angiogram and/or Electrophysiological studies with a view for diagnosis and/or treatment – is a routine in such situations.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck