Have asthma, shoulder pain and bloating problem. No relief after medication. Related to scoliosis?

Spine Surgeon
My 16 year old daughter has had bloating issues for 3 years. All gastric disorders have been ruled out. They are currently diagnosising her with endometriosis. (????) Im wondering if its possible to have bloating issues with spinal nerve compression or anything related to scoliosis. She has back and shoulder pain and also has asthma and psoriasis. We have tried enzymes, glutean, lactose, sugar free diets. Constipation meds, motility meds. IBS meds but there is never a variation in the discomfort of the bloat. She actually looks distended immediately even after a glass of water.
She has had scopes, rectal-anal manometry, gastric emptying studies, barium swallow, you name I bet we have had it. We have seen gyno, and gastrologist and just cant help to wonder if we should be seeing a whole different specialist
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I understand your concern. Need to know more about scoliosis. Where in spine upper or lower back? How bad is the curve?
It is unlikely due to scoliosis unless curve very severe causing impengement of the rib cage to pelvis. Please get back with above information and also upload xrays if possible. Thanks.
Follow-up: Have asthma, shoulder pain and bloating problem. No relief after medication. Related to scoliosis? 1 hour later
Xrays taken today demonstrate a convex right curve from T6 to L1 measuring 22 degrees and a convex left curve from L1 to L4 measuring 11 degress. She is a Risser 4. There is no evidence of spondylolisthesis.

She has a visble right rib hump
I do not have a xray readily available

Her feet are also always freezing and a bit discolored
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 20 hours later
Thanks for the information.
The scoliosis curve of 22 degree should not cause any bloating issues. Its not due the curve. This is a mild curve and she almost completed her growth so it does not need any treatment also. Only indication would be for cosmetic purpose if the rib hump is too prominent due to rotation of the vertebral bodies. Otherwise I wont touch her spine. The symptoms you have described are not related to spine problem. That is for sure. Let me know if you have any other concerns. Thanks.