Have anxiety, worry, diarrhea, constipation, soft stools, nausea, cramping, fatigue, stomach gurgling. Pelvic ultrasound normal

Question

This past month I have been suffering many issues-
Severe anxiety
Constant worry
On and off diareeah
Constipation
Soft and broken stools
Neasuea
Cramping
Fatigue
Stomach gurgling
Just took a 4 vial blood test (waiting on results)
Pelvic ultrasound was normal
I'm extremly worried on Colon cancer
Any advise would be greatly
Appreciated!
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 1 hour later

The symptoms which you had mentioned are all related to anxiety. Try deep breathing exercises or listening to music will help to decrease your anxiety.
Your age is 29, the chances of having colon cancer at this age is rare, so don't worry. As you had mentioned that your sonography is also normal, so don't take stress. There could be possibility of minor abdominal infection which will become evident , once you get your reports.
You can divert your mind to decrease your level of anxiety till the time you get your reports. Try to keep yourself occupied with some hobby which you enjoy doing. Thinking about the reports will not help you.

I hope I have answered your query. Incase you have further doubts, I will be happy to help you.

Follow-up: Have anxiety, worry, diarrhea, constipation, soft stools, nausea, cramping, fatigue, stomach gurgling. Pelvic ultrasound normal 5 minutes later
But would my pelvic uptrasound show a colon issue%3F I read and it said no

Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 4 minutes later
Can you send the scanned copy of the sonography report? This will me to guide you in better way. Awaiting reports.

Follow-up: Have anxiety, worry, diarrhea, constipation, soft stools, nausea, cramping, fatigue, stomach gurgling. Pelvic ultrasound normal 6 minutes later
I dont have it- it showed a small polyp on uterus %281.5 mm i think%29 i can ask for if

Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 11 minutes later
I am not able understand your sonography shows uterine polyp than why are you worried about Colon cancer?
Let the sonography report come. Thing will become clear. A small uterine polyp if it is asymptomatic than nothing needs to be done.Small polyp resolve by themselves. Uterine polyp are usually due to hormonal imbalance . Take plenty of oral fluid.High fiber diet. Have nutritious diet. keep your weight in normal range. Do routine daily exercise. keep yourself physically active. All this thing will take care of the hormonal imbalance. Don't worry. Take care.

Follow-up: Have anxiety, worry, diarrhea, constipation, soft stools, nausea, cramping, fatigue, stomach gurgling. Pelvic ultrasound normal 15 minutes later
Showed a small one- the pa said polyp and dr said cyst - said ots very small and its nothing to worry about and to recheck in 3 months-

Now even your doctor has told that there is nothing to worry its very small size , so don't worry. Just follow your doctors advise & repeat sonography after 3 months.