Have an overstimulated clitoris. Having trouble reaching orgasm. Is there any cure?

Urologist
Question
I think I have an overstimulated clitoris, orgasms have been getting less and less intense over time, to the point I cannot achieve one now. Is there a cure for this please?
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 hours later

Thanks for writing..
Female orgasm is an ill-defined entity.
Male orgasm has a defined point of orgasm, that is - ejaculation whereas female orgasm is variable and can happen eigher due to stimultion of clitoris even without actual intercourse or contraction of muscles near the private parts during the actual sexual act.
These could result due to the manual stimulation of clitoris or the vaginal canal.
Also there is a mental element to it. That is to get adequately stimulated before the actual act of sex - that is foreplay.
Prologned foreplay including stimulation of the clitoris by your partner with fingers or the tongue could do the trick.
Short periods of lack of orgasm does not mean anything serious and kindly give more time for things to settle.
Meanwhile try to follow my advice.
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any..
DR G Srinivasan