Have an intermittent fever accompanied by dizziness, loss of appetite, body ache, delirium and fatigue. Treatment?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I am 21 years old, 6' tall, and 185 lbs. I have an intermittent fever, accompanied by a headahe, dizziness, loss of appetite, back and neck ache, delirium, and fatigue.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 31 minutes later
Hello .

Your symptoms are most likely suggestive of an infection either viral or parasitic, less likely bacterial.

It is advisable that you consult a physician for a thorough evaluation and confirmation of diagnosis. Some blood tests may be required as per the findings of clinical examination, like complete blood counts and smear etc. The treatment would depend on the cause.

Most viral infections resolve in a week with symptomatic treatment like antipyretics for fever like Tylenol, analgesics for pain like ibuprofen and a multivitamin supplement once daily.

But if its due to any other cause then the symptoms may worsen with time and not be resolved
with symptomatic treatment. In that case, appropriate antibiotics need to be started as per your
doctors prescription.

So I would advise you to please consult your physician to be on the safer side.

Hope I have answered your query.