Have an indentation or abnormal vessel on the palate of a child. Is this normal?

my almost four month old has a vein right at the plate of her skull and there is a indent im wondering if its normal, her other side is not a severe
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
It is not normal to have an indentation or abnormal vessel on the palate. It can be an indication of cleft palate underneath.
You should get the child examined by a surgeon as soon as possible and get investigated if needed.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!