Ask a Dentist   »  

Have an etch burn on the gums. Will the gum tissue grow back?

Hello I have an etch burn on the gums on my mandibular central incisors the dead skin came off today exposing the root below the line of the CEJ. Will my gum tissue grow back?
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 28 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX forum Mfallacaro,
I would be glad to answer your query, the dental history provided by you states that the chemical burn was quite severe to have caused the gum tissue to shed away, but i would like to inform you that ideally natural healing process will take about 7-10 days for the new gum tissue to completely cover the exposed root surface.
Be calm and avoid applying anything over the exposed tooth surface ,until recommended by your dentist, if in case you have pain or sensitivity in the concerned area kindly see your dentist to avoid complications.
i hope i answered your dental query,
if you have any further queries ,kindly feel free to post them.
i wish you good health,
take care.