Have addisons disease. Pregnant. Feeling tired and getting headache. Should I be worried?

Dec 2012

pregnant with XXXXXXX dieasei just need some advice. i have addisons disease and currently 12 weeks pregnant and feel little tired n headache i also feel like cant b bothered to do anything. is it just pregnancy symptoms or do i need to see g.p
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

You need to know that when you are pregnant you developed some few episodes of slight illness and you might feel a little ware out/stressed. Even though having addison's diseases and being pregnant does not seem to pose any problem on its own. But pregnancy as a condition on its own can exacerbate symptom's of the adrenal insufficiency. I do not think you will require a GP consultation except of course for the manage of the headache with pain killers. You will also require close follow-up of your pregnancy with a gynobs (especially with your existing chronic condition).

I hope I was helpful and please feel free to write back if you need any more info.

Dr. Nsah