Have acute and long lasting shortness of breath. Need treatment?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I have had acute and long lasting shortness of breath. I need advice about treatment and proper referral.

I don't have a suggestion. I have never had allergies, never smoked or consumed alcohol. This problem developed in the last 4 months. Could it be conflict in drug consumption?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
Shortness of breath at your age may be a symptom of heart failure. You do not mention that you have any other illnesses or what your current medications are.
The other possibility may be asthma but it would be unusual to develop it for the first time in your 80s.
I would suggest you see your doctor who will be able to examine your heart and lungs and make the diagnosis.
I hope this helps you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,