Have abnormal WBC of 16,000, feeling fatigue and lower lumber pain. What should I do?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hello... I have an abornormal WBC of 16,000 and I'm very fatigue w/incresed lower lumbar pain.The radiologist completed a report of the MRI of my lumbar and suggested that I have a CBC w/diff completed and now I'm scheduled to see a oncologist/hematolgist. I do not have my MRI, but what could have "triggered" the radiologist to even suggest the CBC test based off of my Lumbar MRI??
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later
There are several possibilities based on your symptoms and blood report. These include a spinal infection more likely tubercular in the absence of pain. However, in the presence of fatigue also possibility of lymphoma cannot be ruled out.
we would need to run a few more tests and perform a complete exam to know what's exactly going on.
Let me know if you have any more questions
Dr Vineet