Had back surgery. Having MRI with contrast. Is regular MRI sufficient?

Neurologist, Surgical
having mri with contrast, Dr said because I had back surgery 2008, won.t regular mri be enough It scares me to put XXXXXXX in my body XXXXXXX t take medicen well
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Respected ma,am

MRI with contrast is very safe and hypoallergenic; you need not be worried.

If you are very concerned, you can talk with your treating doctor. Normally MRI SPINE PLAIN (without contrast) is sufficient for most of back diseases. Contrast MRI is required only in few cases viz SPINAL TUMORS / SPINAL INFECTIONS etc. If spinal disease as mentioned above are not suspected, then MRI plain should be sufficient.

Hope this helps.

Deptt. of neurosurgery