Have a twinge across right shoulder, upper arm and pain in abdomen. Related? Groin strain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a twinge across my right shoulder and upper arm, it pulls especially when I raise my arm out straight. I also have a twinge on my lower right abdomen. I assumed it was some sort of groin strain from running, but I now wonder if both arm and abdomen twinges are connected? I've had the arm pain for about 6-7 weeks now, the abdomen twinge slightly less - about a fortnight.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
The twinge in the arm and shoulder on lifting your arm might be due to Tendonitis and Tenosynovitis or a capsular inflammation
Investigations like x-ray and MRI scan can tell us the degree of damage or any degenerative changes. The twinge in the groin is not likely to be connected to this shoulder pain.
Here are some general treatment measures which you can follow:
1) Provide complete rest and avoid overhead activities.
2) Apply cold compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killer after consulting your doctor.
If the symptoms are severe then after confirming the diagnosis by MRI, you may need steroid injections as per your orthopedician's opinion.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.