Have a tiny dot on chest. Smelly stuff comes out after squeezing. What is causing this?

Jul 2012

Hhave a tiny dot on my chest and when I squeeze it smelly stuff comes out
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 17 minutes later
Hi there,

Thank you at the outset for a very precise albeit brief history that does go a long way in us arriving at a definitive action plan for you.

Your History & clinical features described fit to a 'T' the description of a sebaceous cyst. The smelly stuff should be cheesy in consistency if my observation is spot on! The only way out for you my friend is to go across to a dermatologist or a general surgeon & get the tiny dot excised.

Usually when excised they appear to be slightly larger than they present on the exterior & am sure your doctor will be competent enough to excise it in 'toto' else, these cysts tend to recur. An alternative option if 'small' (& this will have to be assessed by the treating doctor), is to use either a chemical or Electrofulguration technique (involve chemical burns/destruction of lesion) by a dermatologist experienced in these techniques & personally I have performed these but the 'goldstandard' remains complete surgical excision & is a 'minor' surgery that can be easily performed under a 'local anaesthesia' in a day-care clinic.

Regds & trust this answers your question sans ambiguity & you decide to 'electively' undergo the same surgery when you so choose to & are soon rid of the smelly stuff.

Cheers & Good Luck.
Regds Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD, Dermatologist Bangalore, India