Have a spot on penis and looks dry. What could it be?

I got a spot on penis and its not an std or fungel infection. I got it now for about a month. It is around The uteara opening and it looks a bit dry. It is 3 mm in size and i think it stads that size. I dont have any symtoms Beside that it is there.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A harmless non infectious spot.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have seen the image attached with the query. The spot you have mentioned seems to be Fordyce's spot and it is an abnormally dilated blood vessel or due to an ectopic sebaceous gland.
It is a non infectious spot, subsides on its own after sometime and does not require any treatment.

If there is any associated pain, itching, discharge then other conditions as warts,ulcers,skin conditions can be thought of.

If there is development of any other symptom then consider visiting your Primary Physician for physical examination and evaluation.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.