Have a small painless white rash and feels itchy around the labia. What could be the cause?

Question
Hi I feel very itchy around the labia, and I have a small painless white rash, only visible if I see it in a handheld mirror. There is no abnormal discharge. What could be the cause?
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 31 minutes later
You may have a vulval skin infection,probably fungal in type.But you need to be examined by your doctor to confirm.Its probably only confined to the skin if there is no discharge or itching inside.You will need antibiotics but only after the skin infection has been confirmed.

Follow-up: Have a small painless white rash and feels itchy around the labia. What could be the cause? 4 minutes later
What are the types of vulval skin infections?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later
Vulvovaginitis, pruritis vulva, lichen planus, lichen sclerosis, psoriasis,several types of dermatitis,tinea,thrush,parasitic infections,std, and many more.Examination is essential to differentiate amongst them.