Have a regular cycle. All pregnancy tests after first one negative. What can it be?

Im 6 days late I have regular cycle, I've taken pregnancy test they're all negetive. Except the very first one had a
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Since your many pregnancy tests are negative, the very first test showing a faint line could be due to a false positive test or a dilute urine or a chemical pregnancy.
To confirm the status of your pregnancy, you can get a serum HCG test done which is more specific than a urine test.
However it seems that pregnancy is not the cause here.
You can wait for 4-5 days more and see if your regular periods begin spontaneously. In case the periods do not start then you need to consult your gynecologist for proper treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Have a regular cycle. All pregnancy tests after first one negative. What can it be? 1 hour later
Thanks, I've also had cramping and really bad leg aches. Im also very tired. Some people say they dont show a positive for 2 weeks after missing their period. Is this true?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing again.
There are no sure symptoms of pregnancy especially leg pains and cramping. Cramping can occur as part of possible hormone influence or even in pathological conditions of reproductive tract. Sometimes abdominal cramps can appear due to possible gastrointestinal disturbance which can be associated with nausea.
Most of the pregnancy kits do show a positive result when the period is 5-7 days overdue. Ultrasensitive tests can show a positive result even 12 days after ovulation.
To confirm your status, serum beta hcg evaluation will be diagnostic.
Hope this answer is helpful.

Do accept the answer in case there are no further queries.