Have a painful bump on butt cheek with no head or redness. Worried

My husband has a painful bump -abot 2 inches by 1inch on butt cheek with no head or redness.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 34 minutes later
Your husband seems to have an furuncle or you can call it a common boil.
This results from the infection of the sweat glands/sebaceous glands of the skin with bacteria. It remains hard and painful and later forms pus inside which drains out causing a wound and then it heals slowly.
You should take him to a clinician of your locality because if started on proper antibiotic treatment well in time then the swelling would not increase and rather would melt down and pain would also subside. Penicillin group of antibiotics are particularly effective, the exact antibiotic and dose your physician will know.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.