Have a herniated in the lower lumbar of back. Could this be the cause of vibrating sensation on tailbone?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My tailbone vibrates. I have a herniated in the lower lumbar of my back, can that be causing the vibrating sensation?
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The vibrating sensation in your tailbone may be related to your herniated lower lumbar disc causing compression of the nerve root fibres leading to such symptoms.
Taking methylcobalamin supplements and doing back muscle strengthening exercises under the guidance of a physiotherapist will help in retarding the further progression of the degenerative changes.
You can get the required supplements prescribed from your orthopedician in appropriate doses.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.