Have a bump below knee and was inflamed. It is hard and warm. What does it mean?

Dec 2012

I have a bump below my knee. Was kind of inflamed for 2 months. I thought I bumped it. But that went away and now it's hard and warm
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

If your bump is hard and warm, then it signifies an inflammation, then it is most likely a developing abscess.
You will need your primary care doctor to examine it so as to confirm if it is an abscess or an infected benign mass. You will need an antibiotics and antiinflammatory in order to treat the bump. Surgical incision and drainage might be necessary.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah