Have RA and viral in throat, low heart rate. On Mehaxrexate Cimzia. Related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have RA and a viral in throat 3 weeks heart rate 62 a a minuet. on mehaxrexate cimzia others no heat conditions extra beats at times 58 years old 2 grown sond histrectomy 12 years ago methotrexate cimiza metoprolol statin 25 % blockage smokes 35 years quit 7 years ago
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Viral infection is usually self limiting.

Detailed Answer:
The viral infection in the throat is common while taking the immunomodulator medicines like methotrexate.
The decrease in the heart rate could be related to metoprolol that you are taking for occasional irregular heart beats.
Usually viral infections will subside on their own within a week or two unless they get complicated.
Keep well hydrated with plenty of warm fluids and especially fruit juices.
Keep warm, avoid exposure to cold as this could aggravate the problem.

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Eat high protein diet like cereals, pulses, chicken, lean meat, eggs.

You can take cough suppressants if the cough is not subsiding. Also if yellow colour sputum or shortness of breath develops then you may need to consult with your Doctor for proper antibiotics and stronger prescription medicines.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.