Have PCOS. Is Krimson for preventing pregnancy and Metformin to regulate periods? Unprotected sex safe?

hi doctor i have PCOS and i am adviced to take metformin tab and krimson 35, 21 days cycle tab for six months. i have a doubt weather krimson 35 tab consumption is to stop being pregnant and metformin is to regulate my it safe to have sex without any precaution as i am taking krimpson 35 tab now. if after six months if i want 2 become pregnant what steps do i need 2 take?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

Metformin and krimson 35 are both drugs which are routinely used in the treatment of PCOS. Both drugs have multiple functions. Krimson 35 has added function of contraception.

While you are on these tablets you are protected from pregnancy too. You need to take added protection during the 1 month of use. After that if you take the pills properly without missing any doses then you dont have to worry about pregnancy.

PCOS is known to cause infertility in some patients. Fertility problem can be addressed after the cycles are regulated. I suggest that you finish your 6 months of treatment and then whenever you want conception, plan it with your doctor. Medical drugs which induce ovulation may be tried in consultation with your primary doctor in the future if you face fertility problems.

Hope my answer has helped you understand about your condition. If there are any further queries, I will be available to address them.