Have PCOS. Have sore breast and passing sticky vaginal discharge. Cause and cure?

Question
Hi i am XXXXXXX i have some clear mucos vaginal discharge kind of sticky too. my boobs have been hurting for a week now and are swollen.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 14 minutes later
Hi Ms. XXXXXXX

Please post your query. Do you want to ask if you are pregnant? Please give me the detailed history related to your query. I would like to know when you had your last period, if you are regular with your cycles, if you are on any contraception or any other medication and any other relevant information that you wish to provide.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Have PCOS. Have sore breast and passing sticky vaginal discharge. Cause and cure? 4 minutes later
i had my fallopian tubes taken out 6 months ago when i had my second baby can i be pregnant? i have pcos as well. my periods have been reg for the last 3 months

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 22 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

As both the tubes have been removed, totally, I presume, chances of conception are very little. Ovulation is irregular in PCOD and in such a situation, conception is even more difficult. That you have been recently getting regular cycles is a likely indication of regular ovulation.

You did not say when you had your last period. Sticky vaginal discharge can be seen in the luteal phase of the cycle and also during early pregnancy; similarly tender breasts can be observed during the premenstrual stage as well as in early pregnancy. If, by any chance, you happen to conceive, you are most likely to land up with an ectopic pregnancy. So, it is utmost important for you to exclude pregnancy if you have missed a period.

Hope I have answered your query. If you need further clarifications, please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Have PCOS. Have sore breast and passing sticky vaginal discharge. Cause and cure? 5 minutes later
last period started march 5 ended march9

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 25 minutes later
Hi Ms. XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing again.

As you are past half-way through your cycle, you could possibly be experiencing premenstrual symptoms. It cannot be concluded that you are pregnant with the symptoms. You should miss the period and test positive on pregnancy tests and also sonogram. So, please wait for your period; alternatively, if you wish for an earlier confirmation, you may go for the serum beta-hCG measurement as early as one week before the next period.

Hope I have clarified your doubt. Please contact if you have further queries.

Wish you good health.

regards,
Shanti.V.