Have PCOD. How to reduse post-pregnancy weight and tummy flab? Permanent treatment for PCOD?

Ayurveda Specialist
I was diagnosed to have PCOD by doctors in 2008-09 since my periods were getting delayed frequently and was put on meprate for inducing periods for a couple of cycles. I conceived in middle of 2009 and my daughter was born in march 2010 through c-section. After her birth, my first periods occurred after almost 15 months. Since then periods have been a little longer (about 30-35 days) but have been happening regularly without any medication. However, I have not been able to reduce my post-pregnancy weight & tummy flab. My weight before pregnancy was about 65 Kg and it is currently 73 Kg. I have tried dieting and gymming but have been unable to reduce my weight. This particular cycle my periods have not come since last 45 days now.

Is my weight gain/tummy flab related to PCOD? Is there a permanent treatment for PCOD instead of only period inducing medicines?

Should I consider undergoing an alternate therapy like ayurveda/homeopathy?

Please suggest what should i be doing to reduce my weight and waist.
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 6 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
PCOD is commonly associated with excessive weight. In Ayurveda medicines, there is permanent solution for PCOD and whenever you well get started relief from it. In addition, you would need to modify your diet and exercise as well.
Kindly start on the following medication
1. Kanchnar gugal 2 tabs twice a day

2. Raj: pravartani vati 2 tabs twice a day

3. Dashang gugal 2 tabs twice a day

4. Trifla gugal 2 tabs twice a day

5. XXXXXXX aasava 10 ml twice a day after meal

Avoid fatty food and bakery foods...
You have to continue this medication till you get regular cycles for 4-5 months.
Let me know if you have any more questions

Follow-up: Have PCOD. How to reduse post-pregnancy weight and tummy flab? Permanent treatment for PCOD? 15 hours later
Thanks for advice doctor. I had visited an ayurvedic hospital in Bangalore and they prescribed me following treatment:

Syp Ashtam Vattam (two spoon in 8 spoons warm water)
Tab Rajapravartini vatti (1 tab 3 times daily)
Tab Pulsinuron

I have taken this treatment for 10 days as advised by doctor but have not got my periods even though my last periods were about 50 days ago.

Doctor advised some procedure where some message will be done for some days and then some loose motion inducing medicines will be given. Can you advise if it is right to go for this procedure as this will be uncomfortable, costly and I have no idea if that will be effective?

Regarding medicines you mentioned, can you please let me know where can they be bought from in Bangalore or recommend some good ayurvedic doctor in bangalore?

Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 1 hour later

Your problem with PCOD is not such type of problem where we can get quick relief and quick result. In addition, it is advisable that you do not try any medicines for getting periods, because it always works for temporary, although if you need you can get any medicines like meprate.

As in solving of the problem you need to get long-term treatment, thus the procedure of panchkarma like to get loose motion by medicines have not any role of permanent solution.

So please start the medicines prescribed by me and you can get all medicines from any Baidyanath Pharmacy store nearby your area.

Have a Nice Day.