Have Lupus and POTS. Woke up shortness of breath. Could have causes by POTS?

I have Lupus and POTS . After the day after a really good work out (running) I woke up with shortness of breath- or really what I would call air hunger. after 2 days of still having "Air Hunger" I went to the ER- Chest Xray was clear. BMP, CBC, D-dimer all good (with the exception of Hemaglobin 10.8) my pulse ox was good 100% . I have a few PVC's on the monitor. Due to the POTS though my heart rate kept changing when laying to standing (laying 60s) standing (90s-100 pulse) this happened once before at the end of XXXXXXX (but not sure what triggered it) then they Did a CT of my lungs and ECHO, I also had a ECHO stress . all was normal .

no pain when breathing in
no cough
no wheezing
just air hunger.

I am scared of having like an interstitial lung disease due to Lupus. But wouldnt the chest xray and CT chest catch that? Pneumonitis?

Or could my POTS be the main culprit?

I was doing FINE till the day after my work out. and working out I was doing good too!
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 11 days later
Brief Answer:
POTS could be the main culprit

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

POTS also known as Positiona Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome seems to be the main culprit for your symtoms. The fact that the ER peolle could demonstrate the chage in pulse suggests thag it is the man culprit. Our body cannot tolerate the change in pulse. Any fall or rise peads to discomfort and you may experience it as a air hunger.

Lupus and pneumonitis both show up on x XXXXXXX and CT scan. So if x XXXXXXX has come normal then there is no chace of you develping lupus interstitial lung disease or pneumonia. Moreover the development was very acute and interstitial lung disease or pneumonia will not come up this acutely.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.