Have L4/L5 S1 prolapsed disk. Experiencing mild pain in leg and half body. Suggest some remedy

Spine Surgeon
I am 38 and my problem is L4/L5 S1 prolapsed disk,Symtoms are mild pain in left leg,and in half body ,sexual power week one testis become small ,problem facing from last 10 years pls suggest remedy instead of surgery
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 1 hour later
From your description of symptoms, it is unlikely that your problems are due to a disc herniation . However, if other causes are ruled out and you are having significant pain which is disturbing your routine life, you may consider surgery as it is safe. You will have a good chance of improvement in pain but less chances of improvement in sexual functions.
Get a MRI images so that I can actully comment on how significant is the disc bulge and whether it really requires surgery. Alternatively, you can post detailed MRI report.
You can use the 'Upload your reports' section to send me the reports.
Hope that helps