Have IUI failed. I have low AMH level will I still get pregnant?

Question
I have low AMH level will I still get pregnant? I did 2 iui failed and ready for ivf however my AMH reading is low and doctor advice to wait for next cycle.
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Anti Mullerian Hormone is used to indirectly measure size of pool of remaining primordial follicles (ovarian reserve).

With increasing age size of this ovarian reserve decreases.

Women with higher AMH level responds better to ovarian stimulation for IVF, thus more eggs will get retrieved, and having more eggs with IVF gives higher success rate.

For better results your AMH level should be above 1.0 ng/ml.

Hope, you get good response to ovarian stimulation for IVF in next menstrual cycle.

Injection of FSH is given to get more eggs retrieved.

IVF can also be done with assisted hatching.

If all these fail, IVF can be done with donor eggs.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Have IUI failed. I have low AMH level will I still get pregnant? 1 hour later
Dear doctor,

Thank you for your reply.
I had 3 jab to stimulate more eggs but it didn't response and no eggs found. That is why I couldn't even proceed for implantation.

Is this only happen this month or it will change.

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 54 minutes later

Welcome again,

As I have already told you that with increasing age, ovarian reserve of primordial follicles decrease only, but AMH level just below 1.0 ng/ml is not very low, thus you should have sufficient reserve of primordial follicles.

Next time, we can hope for a better response.

If less numbers of eggs are retrieved, IVF can be tried with assisted hatching technique.

With good wishes,