Have Hasimotos Disease. Found large blister on toe. Looks like waxy sheen. Have low potassium, chronic hives and water retention. Guide

Oncologist, Surgical
I m 52 years old, I have Hasimotos Disease and stay out of the sun. A year ago I found a large blister like spot on my third toe. It is kind of grayish brown with a lighter center. It is flat and fairly round - kind of like a blister with a bruise under it. It looks like it has a waxy sheen. It does not hurt, bleed and there is no fluid draining from it. It seems to be the same size and I cannot find any pictures that resembles this thing. It is not raised like a wart. I am terrified that it is skin cancer. I do not have health insurance.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 2 hours later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Thank you for sharing your history and the clinical picture with us. The lesion does not look very good and specially the fact that it has been persisting for one year, it suggests that it can be malignant as well. Only way to prove the diagnosis is to get a biopsy done. You should consult a surgeon and schedule a biopsy immediately to rule out melanoma.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.

Follow-up: Have Hasimotos Disease. Found large blister on toe. Looks like waxy sheen. Have low potassium, chronic hives and water retention. Guide 28 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. Not what I was hoping to hear. Could it possibly be a Seborrheic keratoses? If it is malignant, have I waited too long?
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 3 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for asking your question. Only the biopsy would be able to provide us with the final answer. It is an unlikely site for seborrheic keratosis and it looks more like a melanoma. Only after confirmation of the diagnosis, would tests be carried out to see if it has spread or not.

Hoping for the best.