Have Graves disease. Varying weight. Want to gain weight by using HGH. Will it be safe?

hi in a male of 33yrs i have a tyroid graves disease , a over acted tyroid .been on medication since XXXXXXX 2010 and im still on the same medication (carbimazole) on diffrent doses, like 6 weeks 20mg then six weeks 10mg and then 5mg ,doctors are thinkig of some radio active therapy , depending on my tyroid when its in control , and my weight has been up and down , like last year i was 10 stones 2 pounds and it was hard putting weight on i started bodybuilding and strenght training now after exact a year im 13 stones 8 pounds ,and quit built i lost 7 pounds cause of my tyroid problems ,again,,,,,,,,,,,,now i wanna body build for more size and im planning to use hgh (human growth hormones ) which im tempted , would it be safe ?, ive read quit alot of hgh and im gonna use it anyways ,whats ur opinion? how should i take it and how much for bodybuilding ? and i cant talk to my own doctor cause he nows my family , thank you
hi do u think takeing hgh would help me in anyways with my tyroid probs and help me build more size and muscle ? thanks
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Taking human growth hormone is not likely to affect much regarding the muscle mass. The effect of such hormonal preparation on hyperthyroidism has not been well documented but it is likely to affect the thyroid status and dosage alteration might be needed after blood evaluation.
These things have no proven effect and are, in the XXXXXXX a total waste of time and your money.
You need to consult your endocrinologist before starting any such supplement.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Have Graves disease. Varying weight. Want to gain weight by using HGH. Will it be safe? 18 hours later
hi again sorry but im confuesd ,all i want to do is start useing hgh for body building ,and wanted to no will it ruin my tyroid problems more ? pls answer in simple words ?
or what steroid be better for a person with tyroid probs but can help with building muscles thanks
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Using growth hormone supplements or steroids will affect your thyroid problems. Such medications should be taken strictly under the supervision of an endocrinologist as regular thyroid level monitoring and dosage regulation is needed.
The choice of steroids best for you can be suggested by your endocrinologist after a physical examination.
Apart from medicines, the best way of building body is a high protein healthy diet and a good exercise regimen.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.