Have GI problem. Experiencing pain in lower throat and chest when swallowing. Worrisome

General Surgeon
Question
I've had GI problems for many years (gastritis, IBS, and heartburn). For the last six months, I've had recurrent pain in my lower throat/upper chest when swallowing solid foods. It feels like my throat isn't big enough to accommodate the food, and it can be very uncomfortable. My gastroenterologist can't see me for over a month. How worried should I be?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 29 minutes later
HI
Recurrent pain in lower throat and upper chest is due to Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Please take Capsule Rabeprazole and Domperidone daily.
Take Sucralfate syrup too.
Avoid spicy foods,alcohol,smoking,cool drinks,caffeine products if you are taking them.
Nothing to worry.
Get an.Upper GI endoscopy.
Wish you good health

Follow-up: Have GI problem. Experiencing pain in lower throat and chest when swallowing. Worrisome 22 hours later
Just wanted to say thank you.

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 5 hours later
Hi
You are welcome.
Nice to see your reaction.
This type of complements will increase our responsibility and confidence.
Thank you once again