Has right side abdominal pain radiating to shloulder, removed appendix. Kidney, liver test normal. Cause?

Hi my daughter has pain in her right side into the abdominal area appendix have already been removed kidney and liver and bladder ultrasound came back clear the pain also radiates into both shoulder blades and across her chest which is painful to breath they have ruled out heart attack also. could this be nerve pain and if so what would cause it?
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). I appreciate your concern regarding your daughter.

Pain on right side of the abdomen radiating to shoulder blades and across the chest may be due to hepatobilliary disease involving gallbladder, liver or billiary tract or may be due to involvement of diaphragm, or may be due to pleural or lung involvement. This appears to visceral pain in abdomen which is radiating to shoulder blades which also has same nerve supply. So you need to be evaluated on these lines

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.