Has rash on frontol torso section. What to do?

Feb 2013

Hi.....My seven year old has a rash on his frontal torso section and a temperature of 99.5......thoughts ? Thank you....
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Fever with a rash on frontal torso section of your child is looking like a viral fever.

In viral exanthematous fevers, rash is associated with fever.

The main goal of treatment in viral fever is to treat fever with antipyretic like Tylenol, maintaining the hydration and nutrition of the child.

For fever you can give Tylenol in prescribed dosage every 6th or 8th hourly depending on the presence of fever.

Give plenty of oral fluids and soft diet to maintain hydration and nutrition of the child. Provide him rest.

Monitor his body temperature, activity, and hydration regularly.

But physical examination by the doctor is important to assess the child, to look for any focus of infection, and specific treatment.

Hence I advise you to consult the pediatrician for the examination and treatment of the child.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.