Has fibrosis on liver. Suggest to remove fibrosis?

Daughter has fibrosis found on liver and we are seeking doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating liver problems, especially the treatment or surgically removing the fibrosis.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
She requires evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Fibrosis on liver? I think you mean to say fibrosis of liver. Fibrosis of liver is irreversible.

You haven't mentioned by which test you came to know that there is liver fibrosis
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist (DM).

For management you have to proceed as follows:
1. To what extent liver is fibrosed: for which your daughter should get liver function tests in blood like bilirubin, SGOT/SGPT, albumin, prothrombin time. Ultrasound abdomen, fibroscan, endoscopy examination to see for portal hypertension

2. Find out the cause of fibrosis: blood tests like hepatitis B (HBsAg), Hepatitis C (Anti HCV antibody), XXXXXXX disease (ceruloplasmin levels), autoimmune liver disease (ANA/ SMA/Anti LKM antibody)

Then accordingly she can be managed

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.