Has continuous swelling and pain near cheekbone with headache. Get migraine pains. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My wife has a continuos swelling near her cheekbone and complains about severe headache n pain in the swealled region. She is mild asthamatic nd gets migrane pain which are not frequent bt severe. Kindly advice?
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You may need to consult ENT surgeon Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case. As per your symptoms there is possibility of infection of salivary glands or sinus infection. I will advise to get clinical examination from ENT surgeon for origin of swelling. Till time you can start decongestant medication and if required antibiotic. For migraine medications like sumatriptans can be started consulting your doctor. For nausea you can take anti emetic like ondansetran. Lifestyle Modifications will help to reduce headache episodes - Proper nutrition - Regular physical activity - Adequate sleep - Stress reduction strategies -Identify and avoid triggers (e.g., tobacco smoke, strong odours, or sprays). Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care