Hard muscles on thighs, loose stools after hearing shocking news. Causes and treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi doctor , my mother's left thighs muscle are getting hard. wat is it and wats is treatment? she is also having dysentry after any kind of shock or shocking news.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 40 minutes later
Hard muscle on the thigh could be due to electrolyte imbalance or a muscle strain or sprain. Some blood tests and a physical examination under the guidance of your physician will help in the diagnosis.
Meanwhile you can ask her to have electrolyte XXXXXXX fluid like Gatorade and avoid bearing weight on the leg. Doing hot fomentation will also help.
Having loose stools after hearing a shocking news is due to irritable bowel due to psychological reasons. Prevention of such episodes is easier to avoid symptoms.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.