Hard lump under left eye along eye socket towards top of cheekbone. Painful to touch

ENT Specialist
Have a hard lump approx 1/2 inch from just under my left eye going along eye socket towards top of cheekbone quite painful to touch.
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. This would be a soft tissue infection or inflammation. If you can upload a close-up image, it may help.

2. It may be related to a lacrimal sac, the maxillary sinus or an insect bite.

3. Get a direct examination done. Medication may include antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, local ointments and drainage if there is pus in the swelling.

4. Get a blood test to rule out infections and diabetes.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.