Hair becoming white rapidly. What do I have to do?

Jul 2012

My hairs are getting white, in high speed what I have to do..?
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX Hairs getting white at rapid rate could mean one of two things..excess hair fall surrounding this & hence the white hairs appear 'more' in number or an actual increase in white hair. Is it all over the scalp or localised to one region? Is there a family history of similar occurence? Are you using any different hair products of late or changed soap or location vis-a-vis regards to water used to wash hair etc? Is there a large ammount of stress in your life? While all this may not necessarily help you out with 'what to do', we first have to ascertain how to arrest the spread & why it is occuring. Once again in addition to these queries, are you married & has there been any recent trauma either physical or mental like say for example the death of a loved one? Is there any concomittant skin around the area or scalp or neighbouring regions going 'white' in colour as well?
Please do get back with the answers to these queries & will hope to point you out in the right direction.
Cheers & awaiting your response.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital & Asian Skin Institute, Bangalore
Follow-up: Hair becoming white rapidly. What do I have to do? 9 minutes later
How's life going on ? well, ya 1 of problem there is, which is a mentaly problem, I was thinking it's a part of life, but I am thinking about it too much, which is not good, and now a days I found, my beard and chest hairs are also getting white, is there any medicine I should take or any suggestion for that.

with regards
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 11 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX I thought this may be an issue. My advice is to please talk to a counsellor or psychologist to help you near where you stay as this is important to arrest any future spread of the 'canities' or white hairs (you may use the WWW.WWWW.WW directory of doctors'). You may use a natural mehendi to help colour it or else nowadays, there are good hypoallergenic coloured dyes to match your hair colour. If nothing else, it will give you self-confidence till you get over your emotional baggage. There are no tablets that will reverse hair loss so dont waste your time trying quack remedies. Relax & take a short holiday & talk to someone about your problems & learn to channelise your negative energy into positive thoughts. You are is a part of life but one needs to handle to keep a grip on things. Take care. Hope my advice helps & wish you all the best!