Hai, I am 34 years old lady.I have two sons.

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
Hai,
I am 34 years old lady.I have two sons. both of my deliveries are cesarean. My second son is now 2 and a half years old.now periods are irregular. 6 months ago I met Dr and did ultrasound scan. Dr told me that there was a endometrial polyp inside uterus . Today I met Dr and did ultrasound again. Now the size of the polyp is doubled and there is a cyst in the left ovary also.
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Removal of the polyp

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Polyp in the endometrium is the cause of irregular bleeding.
If the size is increasing, then you need to get it removed, preferably hysteroscopically, and a histopathology of the polyp should be done to confirm the type.
Simple clear cyst in the ovary less than 6 cm is of no concern, however if the cyst is complex or solid , then it should be removed irrespective of the size.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN