Had watery blood and spotting during period. Had pain under ribs and shoulder. What could it be?
User rating for this question
I was supposed to start my period Wednesday and I had weird pink watery blood when I wiped on Wednesday (the day my period was expected). Same thing Thursday and Friday but I had some brownish blood Friday. Negative tests Wed, Thur & Fri? Today, only when I wipe or in toilet (sorry) and it is bright red and there is hardly anything on pad. I have had pain since Wed on my right side off and on. Also pain under my right side under rib and between shoulder blades. I am confused as to what is going on. Usually periods are heavy and never spot. I am 35.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This could be an Ectopic pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for consulting us. You should not be distracted by a negative pregnancy test. These symptoms are very much in favor of an Ectopic pregnancy, which could be a life threatening condition if not treated promptly. You are strongly advised to visit a Gynecologist at the earliest, have a trans-vaginal ultrasound & check your serum beta hCG levels ( blood test). If you have a fainting attack or even weakness this is a very serious sign, Don't try any pain killers & follow the above advice. Wish you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Nausea andvomiting when overheated
- Frequent periods pain in abdomen what could be the cause
- Ear cleaning in andheri west
- After taking ovral g why pain
- After ovral g when period will start
- Could an old rib fracture be causing periodical pains
- Pain in ovaries a week after ovulation
- Watery mouth during period pain
- What is right anechoic cortical cyst
- Androgel and pain relief
- Period after ovary removal
- Blocked ears ringing pregnant aneamia
- Shoulder pain period pain
- Should periods be painful after ovary removal
- 3 missed periods pain under right rib