Had uretererocele. Can acid reflux occur after surgery?

Urologist
Question
Hi , I am XXXXXXX who ask you about uretererocele last month, I forget to ask you, what do you think if reflux happen after surgery? any possibilities?
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome back.
Adult reflux is usually of relatively little consequence.
Even if REFLUX OCCURS, the risk of obstruction ( if ureterocele is not operated) to the flow of urine from the kidney posts more risk to the kidney than the reflux.

Best regards
DR GS

Follow-up: Had uretererocele. Can acid reflux occur after surgery? 4 hours later
so if its happen, then no need to worry? or other procedure need to be taken?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 9 hours later
Hi
welcome back. You may need re-evaluation at that time and usually need no intervention. Best regards,

Follow-up: Had uretererocele. Can acid reflux occur after surgery? 7 minutes later
thank you. when i urinate at night( when i wake up around 3am) I feel that the urine has buble / foam, but it dissapear at noon. but i did test creatine on blood and urine protein and all is normal. Can you explain to me??

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 minutes later
If the urine is sterile, there should be no worry.
It is most probably the jet of urine landing on the water causing it.

Follow-up: Had uretererocele. Can acid reflux occur after surgery? 21 minutes later
I do attach mri result last few weeks, actually iam afraid to do this. Can i talk to you by phone? or maybe you can do this for me? or anyone you know who can do this food or familiar with this case?

Welcome back.
Unfortunately, i cant see the report.
One needs to see and do physical examination before proceeding further.
So talking does not help.
Please speak to your doc ( Urologist) on this issue for decision making.
I think we have discussed enough.

Follow-up: Had uretererocele. Can acid reflux occur after surgery? 57 minutes later
Ok, I mean the picture of mri just uploaded in the morning.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
I need the report to comment.

Follow-up: Had uretererocele. Can acid reflux occur after surgery? 3 days later
OK, last question, what kind of cytoscopy they use, rigid or flexible? do I need general anastettic?

Rigid resectoscope ( a little bigger cystoscope used for intervention needs). Can be done under regional/ general anesthetic. Nearly impossible to do under local anesthetic (Numbness medicine) alone.