Had unprotected sex, took ipill. Tested positive for pregnancy. Have high heart rate and want to terminate pregnancy

Dear Doctor,
I had an unprotected sex on the 13th day of my periods. I took an I-Pill within 24hrs after that. But I missed the periods and pregnancy test shows positive. My heart BPM is above 90. I want to terminate the pregnancy. Is there any simple methods?and how safe?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 18 minutes later
the emergency contraception has high failure rate. you should do a Transvaginal scan and then take abortion pills. it's not possible to give this prescription on line as its tightly controlled by govt rules and written consent is a must. after taking pills it's advisable to wait for 2 wks and then repeat scan to prove that pregnancy is cleared . in case of exces bleeding or any other problem don't wait for 2 wks and see the gynae
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, took ipill. Tested positive for pregnancy. Have high heart rate and want to terminate pregnancy 20 hours later
Dear Doctor,
Today I visited the near by Govt Gynae Doctor and she advised to take MT Pill 200 mg after pregnancy confirmation and to come on saturday for inerting some tab in the vigine and for 24 hours observation . Today I took MT Pill at 1300 hours. Till now there is no pain/bleeding.I am staying little far from the Hospital and worried till saturday. Is there any chance of bleeding or pain till saturday? Is this method safe? Kindly advice.
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 40 minutes later
hope you have done ultrasound. unless the bleeding is not too much the risk is very less. if you have severe bleeding pain or drug rash go to the hospital.normally it's a safe procedure
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, took ipill. Tested positive for pregnancy. Have high heart rate and want to terminate pregnancy 3 days later
Dear Doctor, pl go through and advice I am too much worried as I am staying in remote Defence area.

After taking MT Pill on 03 Oct 2013 at 1300 hours, I got admitted in the NEIGRIMS Hospital at shillong on 05 Oct 2013. Doctor inserted 800 micro gram of Misoprostol (4 tablets of 200 micro grams)in the Vigina on 05 Oct 2013 at 1400 hours. After that I started slight Abdoman pain after 2 hours but no bleeding till 1900 hours. However There was a very small discharge after 1900 hours only during urination. Till now 6-7 times that tiny dicharge was noticed during urination but no bleeding started just like normal periods. Doctor carried out ultrasound on 06 Oct 2013 at 0900 hours and said a small portion is still there.

Because of younger children at home I requested the Doctor to discharge today and accordingly they dischared today at 1420 hours and advised for USG after one week and adviced for cleaning if positive. Further they advised to come to Hospital if there is excess bleeding. My Last LMP was on 31 Aug 2013.(Pog 4 Weeks 6 days).

Being Govt Hospital there are 3 to 4 different Doctors seen me and advice of each differed. No body could give stable advice and Doctors are also not responsive. I decided to go to private Hospital next time .

Since no bleeding I am too much worried. When I will get Bleeding? With the Medicine is it Aborted or not? Is it safe to wait one more week? there is a abdominal burning sensation and some rotation feeling in the abdoman. Now what I should do?

Kindly Advice

With Regards,
Shantha @ Shillong
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 7 minutes later
it's ok to wait for upto 2 wks if you are taking antibiotic . it's safe to wait and do dilatation and evacuation if required.
return to the hospital if pain fever or any other problem