Had unprotected sex on last day of period. Any chances of pregnancy?

Hello. My cycle usually lasts 26-30 days. I had my period on May 2. Then on the 7th (I was no longer bleeding), while using a tampon, I engaged in foreplay with my boyfriend. He never ejaculated inside me, but some of the pre ejaculation fluid may have touched my vagina and the very end tip of the tampon while doing this. I removed and replaced the tampon the two times this happened. Any possibility of me getting pregnant ?
Oh, BTW penetration never occured...
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 53 minutes later
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. The probabilities of having sperm reaching the cervix and then the uterus for conception are very very slim if there is no penetration and therefore no XXXXXXX ejaculation. Not impossible, but quite difficult. Furthermore, you would have been on the initial portion of your menstrual cycle. If you have regular periods, follow your period closely, if there is any delays or abnormalities, I would suggest to contact your physician for a pregnancy evaluation, but again, it would not be expected.

Hope that helps, wish you the best,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex on last day of period. Any chances of pregnancy? 2 hours later
And the fact that I was wearing a tampon ? Doesn´t it make the probability even slimmer?
I fully understand that a tampon is not a contraceptive method, and that it does absorb fluid, but I removed it right after the events happened, so I am assuming that it did not have time to absorb the sperm (if any). And the fact that I was "dry" (the tampon absorbed my lubricant as well), also made the changes slimmer... Tks
and just a reminder, there was no penetration (wearing a tampon) and what may have touched the tampon was only the pre-ejacuation fluid (I know it may have some sperms as well). And above, when I mention "lubricant" I was talking about my own... sorry for the several follow-up questions...
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later

Thanks for the clarification about the lubricant fluid. I am glad to answer your follow up questions. Then, if the tampon was there all the time the chances of pregnancy are even lower; continue to follow your period and any unusual symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea, breast pain, fatigue, etc.

If delay in period or unusual symptoms as I mentioned contact your medical provider for testing.

Hope this helps, I wish you the best health,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD