Had unprotected sex after getting period. Took ipill Chances of getting pregnant?

Mar 2013
hi.. my periods started on 14th april and lasted for 3 days. even though the bleeding was normal.. the length of time for which bleeding occurred was short.. usually bleeding goes on till 5th day.. i had unprotected sex on19th april and i took i pill within 3-4 hours but i have not experienced any bleeding or side effect even after 6 days of taking the pill. this was the first time i used i pill. am i pregnant?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 47 minutes later
Having unprotected intercourse on the fifth day of your periods has very less chances of resulting in a pregnancy, particularly as you immediately took the I pill.
After the I pill, some kind of irregular bleeding or spotting might occur within a few days, but it is not the rule always.
Your normal period might be delayed or preponed by a week or more after taking the ipill.
In future, switchover to some reliable method if contraception.
Also, you have to wait for your next period to be sure you are not pregnant.
If you do not have a period for 4 weeks , please take a urine pregnancy test.
Take care, and feel free to discuss further.