Had unprotected sex. Why was urination painful? Doxycycline helped. But why is there still tingling sensation?

Two weeks ago I had unprotected sex. The next morning when I urinated it was very painful inside the end of my penis. Really very excruciating and only about 16 hours after sex. As I was traveling and could not see my doctor I checked online and started taking a course of Doxycycline 100mg 2 tablets a day for 7 days. This seemed to help, but I still have tingling now around my foreskin all of the time. It is not the level of paid I had before. My foreskin is also inflamed/swollen, tender to pull back and I had the odd throb in my pelvic area/testicles. Any suggestions you have of what I likely have caught would be very helpful, and what remedy to cure it please.
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
From your symptoms it seems that you have an infection in your genitalia. It could be due to-
1) Infections of the prostate, bladder, or seminal vesicles and interstitial cystitis
2) Gonorrheal infections
3) Urethritis or prostatitis
You need a comprehensive profile of investigations including semen examination, culture, urine culture and examination, STD panel for gonorrhea, swab samples and a cystoscopy if needed to rule out any urethritis.
First you need to see a doctor,get a swab test to confirm the diagnosis.
You will have to take a course of antibiotics.
Refrain from sex until your infection is resolved.
You need to observe good hygiene.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.