Had unprotected sex. Started getting pregnancy symptoms. What should be done?

Sep 2012

Hello. I had unprotected sex on February 21st. My ovulation was on February 24th. Ever since February 23rd, my body has been doing weird things: smell sensitivity, mood swings, not sleeping well, bloating, gassy, constipation, diarrhea, sensitive nipples, headache off and on. Why?!
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 18 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, generally ovulation occurs on or around the 14th day of a normal 28 days menstrual cycle. But that does not indicate that ovulation must occur on 14th day. It may vary. For this reason, we clinically take 10 to 18th days as most fertile period.

So, in your case, it is possible that your ovulation has occurred before. And now, your symptoms are quite suggestive of early pregnancy. In case of premenstrual syndrome, you may also experience the same. But premenstrual syndrome does not occur so early.

For confirmation, you have to do a home pregnancy test on or after the expected date of your next period. Ultrasound scan done after that day is gold standard.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.