Had unprotected oral sex, burning sensation when urinating, tingling in penis, lower back pain, nausea. STD?

Good
Question
I had unprotected oral sex (I ejaculated in her mouth) with a woman about a week ago. The following morning (no more than 12 hours later) I felt a burning sensation when I urinated. For the next 2 days, I had a constant feeling like I had to urinate. I also had constant tingling in my penis. After a couple days, while those symptoms were still there they had decreased. However, I started having lower left abdominal and back pain. I have also felt some nausea and significant fatigue. Do you think this could be an STD? Or do you think it is more likely a different type of issue?
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
It looks like you are suffering from a symptoms are not likely to be due to an STD.

I would advice you to do the following

1. Seek medical attention as soon as possible for a urine routine and culture along with complete blood count and an ultrasound scan of the renal system including Prostate.
2. You will have to be put on antibiotics. Most commonly a Fluroquinolone like Tab Levofloxacin for 14 days followed by a repeat urine routine.
3. If the urine grows an organism the antibiotic can be changed to what that organism is sensitive to.
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Use protection during intercourse and your partner should undergo a urine routine as well.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.