Had unprotected intercourse. On birth control pill. Noticed white discharge from vagina. What's wrong?

Question

I had sex with my girlfriend unprotected and got my semen inside of her, however she is on the pill. She said the result of it happening the first time was a UTI or some form of bacterial infection. Recently we had sex unprotected again for just the second time and now she claims to have some type of white discharge from her vagina. What is wrong with me? I occasionally have some soreness in my right testicle and a irritation on the opening of my penis hole, but no discharge, no burning while urination, no nausea, fever, etc. I do feel that I have had irregular bowel movements but not diarrhea, more of a gassy stomach after I eat, and stools that vary from small to big, and I've had diarrhea maybe 3-4 times total about a month ago. Her doctor has told her that it is a yeast infection in which I have and have infected her. So has prescribed an antibiotic for her and I to take. I took the pill 2 days ago and feel slightly better. I asked my girlfriend about how she has felt the past 3-6 weeks and it seems she has had the flu, nausea, fever, night sweats, UTI & Yeast infection, and now seems to be suffering from fibromyalgia. My question is could it be HIV because that is the one test I have not taken, though I know HIV is very hard to contract. We are both pretty worried at the moment and have not been able to go to the doctors because it is the weekend.

Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX
In the first place you could have used a good quality condom for sex.
There are infections which can remain asymptomatic for quite some time called a carrier state but patient can infect others.
There are times when both partener need to be treated like in candida, chlamydia, gonorrhoea, trichomonas infections.
Both of you should take the advised regimen and observe follow up to your physician.
At the end of treatment get a Urine routine and culture test done and if either of you have a secretion then gram stain and culture should also be done.
HIV does not manifest that fast and does not produce symptoms like this.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.