Had undergone operation benign parotid tumour. Overcome stress?

Nov 2013

I have undergone Operation for benign parotid tumour. I was operated on December 21st and was advised a rest thereafter. Also have undergone scan test which by almighty went in my favor. I am just worried as to how should I come out of this stress which hampers my day to day activity as I am not to forget. Keeps worrying me whether the same will ever reoccur? What should be my next step.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 14 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.
I am glad to note that you have undergone the surgery for parotid tumor successfully. It is very heartening to note that it was a benign tumor.

Benign tumors by nature get fully cured after surgery and the risk of recurrence is close to nil.

At this stage, you may take rivotril (clonazepam) tablets at night to help you cope with the stress.
Yoga and meditation are also very useful in the long term to deal with the stress.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog:
Follow-up: Had undergone operation benign parotid tumour. Overcome stress? 3 minutes later
Thank you very much. I am bit relieved with your one liner input. What do you propose for food which I should continue and what are the precautious I should take as to ensure to be carefull to avoid repetition.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 17 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.

Food should contain more servings of fresh fruits and vegetables, such as seasonal fruits, carrot, cucumber, melons, etc. Adequate intake of milk, and exposure to sunlight is also important.
Regular exercises (walking, jogging or cycling) for at least 30 minutes per day is very useful in preventing the recurrence.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)