Had typhoid fever. Complexion became dark and have hairfal. Also have puffy eyes and dark circles. Suggest?

My name is XXXXXXX XXXXX. Recently i got down with Typhoid fever in the month of May... But after that My complexion became dark and also m sufferring from the hairfall problem, i used to have heavy volume hair but they have become thin now.. i am worried about my face complexion and hair problem,, Kindly help me with the same.. looking forwar for your reply..m getting married soon...and am also sufffering from the pufffy eyes and dark circles...

XXXXXXX XXXXX (Mohali, pUnjab)
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 34 minutes later
so your complaints are
Hair fall
dull complexion
dark circles and puffy eyes.

Hair fall in your case is telogen effluvium. It is a diffuse and acute hair fall occuring after a period of illness( in your case, typhoid). Usually it is a self limiting condition and hair reverts to normal in five to six months. To aid better hair growth and for faster resolution of your concern, you may take a oral hair supplement XXXXXXX in protein, vitamins and minerals like tablet adgain or revilus or keraglow eve or follihair new. These tablets should be taken atleast for a period of two to three months once in a day. Also use of minoxidil 2 percent solution 1ml applied daily in scalp would help you. Follow these suggestions for two months for good response.

Dull complexion after a period of illness can be improved with a diet XXXXXXX in proteins like sprouts, lentils, soy products, paneer, white meat etc. similarly one should improve intake of complex carbs along with nuts, green leafy vegetables and multiple servings of colored fruits for good skin and hair. Include lots of berries and cherries along with mango, carrots, papaya in your diet. Follow a routine of cleansing toning and moisturising and application of good sunscreen. With these steps the skin would improve. If having any specific skin concern, send me a detailed query in your follow up post!

dark circles and puffy eyes can be improved with adequate sleep, balanced diet, avoiding too much laptop or tv viewing and with application of uncer eye creams like radant i or wunder eye twice in a day. You may also take mild peels like arginine or kojic acid peels for the same.

So after a period of illness, improvement in diet is most important to get good results.

Hope that answered your query.Please write back for any further query.