Had the LEEP procedure after first child. Have had light periods with heartburn and lower back pain. Pregnant?

I am 19 years old and my name is XXXXXXX I don't know if I may be pregnant or if something else could be wrong, I'll start from the beginning. I had the LEEP procedure done 2 years ago following my first child(and only child). I went in for my postpartum check up and they found it. Anyway, my cycles are usually 28 days now. I had a period 5/1/2013, had sex 5/15/2013. I was due for my period on 5/29/2013. It didn't come so I took a home pregnancy test(first response early result) on 6/1/2013 @ like 2pm it said negative. My period(at least i think that's what it was) came that evening about 4pm. I was different, It was light(spotting) compared to usual, it was watery but between pink and orange. Sunday it was really watery but still lighter than normal(only soaked 1 pad all day) reddish with clots that were mostly BB size but one clot was like quarter size. Monday it lightened up again to the pinkish orange color, I took another home test(first response early result), it showed (pink) positive for a few seconds but disappeared. My period is usually 7 days and hurt when trying to pass even the tiny clots. I have had heartburn off and on, which is very unusual, I had tender breasts around the outer edges, but that has subsided within the last couple days. Ive also had some of the worst lower back pain I've ever had. If you could give me some direction or idea as to what is wrong, or if I should be concerned about anything particularly or even if everything sounds fine, that would be great. I just need a piece of mind. If you think I should take another test, then i'll do it.
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 47 minutes later
Your symptoms are suggestive of pregnancy but not definitive.
Spotting could be implantation bleeding.
I recommend you to repeat your urine pregnancy test again early in the morning.
Also get your blood tested for beta HCG. Increasing titres suggest pregnancy.
Transvaginal ultrasound gives a definitive diagnosis.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask if you have further doubts. I will be happy to help.
Dr Nilofer