Had tetanus and pertussis vaccine and noticed swollen lymph node at injection site. Related?

I had a Tetanus and Pertussis vaccine on Saturday and on Sunday night, I noticed a swollen lymph node by my clavicle, on the same side where I got the injection. Can these be related?
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 20 minutes later

Swelling of lymph node can occur in conditions of infection. It can be associated with pain, tenderness, local redness etc of the lymph node. If none of these problems are present and if it is a small lymph node you may just monitor and not worry about it.

Literature regarding swelling of a lymph node post Tetnus and pertusis vaccination is available but I am yet to see it practically. The lymph node swelling is believed to occur due to immune reaction induced by the vaccine.

If the lymph node increases in size or has some pain on touching it or if you notice other lymph nodes increased in size or some other problem arises like fever you may consider infection or some other cause responsible for it.

Hope this helps.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.